Thursday, May 30, 2013

Learn Python the hard way 2-5

Time for another update before a take a short break from python. Just grinded trough lesson 2-5 while looking for extra info on python.

I has a nice run trough of pythons operators and I now know how to use it's basic math functions. The % sigh was a bit annoying but now that I know it returns a remainder that could still be useful. another useful one is the sum([x, y, x, x, y, z ]) function which just adds these numbers together instead of you having to write them all out with addition signs.

I love how easy it is to set up a variable in python. just name = int or sting and bam! you are done. there are no need for terminators or anything it is kind of nice.

If statements trough me for a bit of a look did not realize you needed to indent the lower line for it to be apart of the statement. I am a little embarrassed at how long it to me to figure that out.

the image below is from lesson 5


No comments:

Post a Comment